Careers at Dales Water Services Ltd
Dales Water Services Ltd is a progressive and growing firm with a great reputation in the UK for providing high standards of workmanship & thoroughness of service on a range of private water supply projects.
Due to continued expansion we are looking to recruit a water engineer. The initial appointment would be of 1 year duration with a view to this being made permanent thereafter.
We like our staff to be local and most of the time you will be expected to report to the office in Melmerby, Nr. Ripon, North Yorkshire at the beginning of the working day. Applicants from the local area, or willing to move to the local area, are more likely to be successful.
About the position:
This position would suit someone with some experience of water engineering, who wants to work at the forefront of private water supply engineering and gain further experience within the industry. We are looking for a highly motivated individual and experience with pumping engineering and pipe fitting is preferred.
Examples of day to day tasks involved:
- Installing and servicing of both submersible and surface booster pumps and various water delivery systems, including pipelines and control mechanisms.
- Installing and servicing water treatment systems to improve and maintain water quality.
- Diagnosing breakdowns to systems, identifying issues and resolving them.
- Delivering equipment and assisting the rest of the team.
- Working on both private spring and borehole water systems.
- Discussing issues and problems with customers face to face.
- Liaising with management to assist in day to day decision making.
- You may occasionally be asked to work as part of the drilling team.
The successful applicant will have the following skills and personal attributes:
- Be able to work as part of a team.
- Be capable of working in all weathers.
- Be happy to occasionally work away from home.
- Have good communication skills.
- Have a full, preferably clean driving licence.
Experience is preferable but not essential and ongoing training will be provided. The pay offered will be related to the experience level of the individual.
Contracted hours would be 40 hours per week – 8 hours per day Monday to Friday. Over time may be offered.
20 days holiday and bank holidays will be provided. Other company benefits are provided and are available.
To apply please send your CV with a short cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Speculative Applications Welcomed
As an expanding firm we occasionally have new posts and vacancies available to experienced groundwater professionals and engineers in the following areas:
- Pump Installers
- Water Well Drilling Rig Operators
- Office and Admin Workers
- Borehole Service and Maintenance Engineers
If you have browsed our website and feel that you have the appropriate skills to aid our operations, and you are passionate about water and the environment please send in your CV which will be filed for reference when opportunities arise.
Why Work at Dales Water Services Ltd?
To maintain our high standards of workmanship we’re committed to continually developing the careers of all our employees.
We ensure all our operatives receive the training and support necessary as well as provide them with a diverse role that gives them vast experience on all types of private water supply projects so they can develop their skills to the highest levels in the industry.
As a business we take health & safety and the environment very seriously which is why we have invested heavily in ensuring we have the right procedures in place.
We believe that successful health and safety management and the right training leads to better, more efficient working and encourages staff to believe in the same.
The majority of our team have been employed by the business for over ten years which is testament to our commitment in staff training, career progression and job satisfaction.